I'm not a huge breakfast fan. Perhaps it's because I'm terrible at waking up in the morning. So I'm always in a rush. So I figured if I could prepare something healthy to eat and yet store for extended periods of time at work, I may actually be able to work this breakfast thing into my daily routine.
Granola seemed like a fairly yummy option and fit into the above criteria. So I gave it a shot and asianised it with sesame seeds and dried Goji berries. A great yummy snack which can be taken as a breakfast. Perfect!
5 cups oats
1 3/4 cup slivered almonds
3/4 cup dessicated coconut
3/4 cup black sesame seeds
1 3/4 cup cashew nuts
1/2 tsp ground cinnamon
1/2 tsp ground nutmeg
60g melted butter
1/3 cup maple syrup
3/4 cup unsweetened apple sauce
1/4 cup honey
- Preheat oven to 165 degrees celsius
- Line pan with greaseproof paper
- Mix all the dry ingredients together
- Mix all the wet ingredients together
- Pour the wet ingredients over the dry ones and stir well
- Spread mixture evenly onto pan
- Bake 35 - 40 minutes until golden brown.
- Rotate and shake the pan every 10 minutes for even roasting
- Allow the granola to cool before storing
- Can be stored in the fridge if it lasts long enough!